Media: Sun may open northern base
The Sun is considering reopening a Manchester office, according to a report in Press Gazette.
The report said the paper may open an office after hiring four reporters and two photographers to be based in the north, mainly to work on its Sunday edition.
The previous Manchester office was closed to bring all editorial staff to its Wapping headquarters.
It is not expected that any former News of the World staff made redundant when the tabloid closed in July 2011 will be rehired.
The Sun's PR manager Nikki Onakoya would not confirm the office opening, but said an announcement could be expected in the next week or so.
Recent ABC figures for The Sun on Sunday showed that circulation had dropped from 3.2 million sales of its launch edition in February to an average of 2.4 million in March.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £32000 per annum + car allowance, Billericay
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...