Sport: Betfair scores with Man U web Q&A
Betfair wanted to maximise its access to Manchester United's global fanbase as the club's official betting partner.
Betfair: wanted to maximise its access to Manchester United's global fanbase
Campaign: Betfair presents Manchester United live
PR team: Synergy Sponsorship
Timescale: January 2012
- To engage online with United fans and the global football community
- To highlight Betfair's link with the club
- To increase Betfair's 33,227 'likes' on Facebook by 15 per cent
- To create content that could be used on Betfair channels and elsewhere.
Strategy and plan
Synergy Sponsorship and Betfair staged a Q&A with Manchester United players Nani, Ashley Young and Michael Carrick, hosted by Rachel Brookes. The 30-minute broadcast could be watched through 'liking' the brand's Facebook page. Questions could be submitted there or by tweeting @BetfairSports. A Mail Online partnership meant the Q&A was broadcast through the site.
Measurement and evaluation
The broadcast garnered more than 100 pieces of online coverage, with branded excerpts used by ITV Granada ahead of United's game that weekend. Quotes appeared in the Daily Mirror, Daily Express and Daily Star.
Betfair's Facebook page increased its 'likes' by 36 per cent to 45, 247. The live broadcast attracted 25,000 viewers, and the highlights package another 25,000.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...