Food & drink: Jack Daniel's creates dramatic buzz
Stir PR was asked to drive sales of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel whiskey, pushing the message that each barrel has its own distinct taste. It also needed to create enough buzz to persuade Waitrose to stock the product in the run-up to Christmas.
Jack Daniel's: creates dramatic buzz
Campaign: Sponsorship of The Old Vic 24-hour plays
Client: Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
PR team: Stir PR
Timescale: October-December 2011
- To promote the product's premium nature
- To create a buzz to get the drink on the shelves of Waitrose and drive sales before Christmas
- To build up the Jack Daniel's customer relationship management (eCRM) database.
Strategy and plan
Stir PR suggested the brand sponsor The Old Vic's 24 Hour Celebrity Gala, where one-off plays are devised, rehearsed and performed in 24 hours. A competition recruited subscribers to the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel and Old Vic databases.Measurement and evaluation
Print coverage included Esquire, Live Magazine, Shortlist, GQ and Metro. Stir PR secured a deal with the theatre to provide gold membership, giving the brand backstage passes and tickets to entertain VIPs and press. The eCRM comms was sent to more than 150,000 targets.
The campaign coverage helped the sales team strike a deal with Waitrose to sell the whiskey ahead of Christmas and promote its availability in-store.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead Online Communications Officer Adam Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Wilmslow
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...