Food & drink: Jack Daniel's creates dramatic buzz
Stir PR was asked to drive sales of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel whiskey, pushing the message that each barrel has its own distinct taste. It also needed to create enough buzz to persuade Waitrose to stock the product in the run-up to Christmas.
Jack Daniel's: creates dramatic buzz
Campaign: Sponsorship of The Old Vic 24-hour plays
Client: Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
PR team: Stir PR
Timescale: October-December 2011
- To promote the product's premium nature
- To create a buzz to get the drink on the shelves of Waitrose and drive sales before Christmas
- To build up the Jack Daniel's customer relationship management (eCRM) database.
Strategy and plan
Stir PR suggested the brand sponsor The Old Vic's 24 Hour Celebrity Gala, where one-off plays are devised, rehearsed and performed in 24 hours. A competition recruited subscribers to the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel and Old Vic databases.Measurement and evaluation
Print coverage included Esquire, Live Magazine, Shortlist, GQ and Metro. Stir PR secured a deal with the theatre to provide gold membership, giving the brand backstage passes and tickets to entertain VIPs and press. The eCRM comms was sent to more than 150,000 targets.
The campaign coverage helped the sales team strike a deal with Waitrose to sell the whiskey ahead of Christmas and promote its availability in-store.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...