Public Affairs: EADS places Good Relations on alert
Airbus and parent company EADS have launched a public affairs pitch process as the debate over airport expansion continues.
Airbus is a French aircraft manufacturing subsidiary of EADS, the European aerospace company, which produces more than half of the world's jet airliners.
Good Relations Political has held the Airbus and EADS accounts for the past three years, and intends to repitch for the brief. The successful agency will begin work at the end of the year when the current contract ends.
Airbus head of public affairs Katherine Bennett told PRWeek: 'The agency will be continuing to provide us with political advice in the changing landscape we are in, particularly with the importance that the Government has placed on engineering.'
It was revealed last week that the coalition has delayed consultation over expanding airports in South East England, amid reports of disagreements on how to proceed.
The Airbus/EADS brief will focus on the UK, and Wales in particular, as the company has a factory in Broughton, North Wales.
During its consultancy for Airbus, Good Relations Political launched 'The Future by Airbus' initiative, a vision of sustainable aviation in 2050.
Airbus enjoyed a record year in 2011, booking net orders for 1,419 craft worth £90bn. But it faces fresh opposition from rival Boeing this year, which brings out the 737 Max as a competitor to Airbus' neo.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Assistant Brand Manager AF Selection £mid 20's, West Midlands
- Digital Senior Account Manager - top agency nr Chester Perfect Marketing People To £35k, Chester
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England