Public Affairs: EADS places Good Relations on alert
Airbus and parent company EADS have launched a public affairs pitch process as the debate over airport expansion continues.
Airbus is a French aircraft manufacturing subsidiary of EADS, the European aerospace company, which produces more than half of the world's jet airliners.
Good Relations Political has held the Airbus and EADS accounts for the past three years, and intends to repitch for the brief. The successful agency will begin work at the end of the year when the current contract ends.
Airbus head of public affairs Katherine Bennett told PRWeek: 'The agency will be continuing to provide us with political advice in the changing landscape we are in, particularly with the importance that the Government has placed on engineering.'
It was revealed last week that the coalition has delayed consultation over expanding airports in South East England, amid reports of disagreements on how to proceed.
The Airbus/EADS brief will focus on the UK, and Wales in particular, as the company has a factory in Broughton, North Wales.
During its consultancy for Airbus, Good Relations Political launched 'The Future by Airbus' initiative, a vision of sustainable aviation in 2050.
Airbus enjoyed a record year in 2011, booking net orders for 1,419 craft worth £90bn. But it faces fresh opposition from rival Boeing this year, which brings out the 737 Max as a competitor to Airbus' neo.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...