Brand Manager of the Week: Andy Havill
Marketing manager - acquisitions, Stena Line
Describe yourself in three words.
Outgoing, creative, Kiwi.
What would you be if you weren’t a marketer?
I did several hours (trying) to fly planes when I was younger, so probably a pilot.
What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career?
What attracted you to your current job?
I had worked in travel and tourism in previous roles so this seemed like a good fit.
What was your first job?
Handling international promotions for an adventure tourism company.
How did you get your first job?
My great networking abilities. (I was friends with the chief executive’s daughter – the rest is history.)
What’s your greatest ambition?
To have no regrets and to wake up each day doing something I would be happy doing if it were my last day on earth.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Red Bull – I’d get to try out some amazing adventure activities/sports.
What is your all-time
If you’re not living life on the edge, you’re taking up too much room.
What marketing trend is dominating your job at the moment?
If you weren’t you, who would you be?
A pro surfer. I’d get to travel to the world’s most beautiful beaches, doing something I do for fun.
What makes you angry?
When people seek advice, don’t listen and it all goes wrong. Then they come back asking why.
What’s your favourite holiday destination?
Waihi and Pukehina beaches in New Zealand.
If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
The All Blacks vs Australia in the Rugby World Cup final.
What have been your best and worst freebies?
Best was a ticket to see Roger Federer play. Worst was a women’s hair-colouring kit.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London