Brand manager of the week: Lauren Brooking
Brand manager, Vaseline and Dove Men+Care, Unilever UK and Ireland
- Describe yourself in three words.
Energetic, curious and creative.
- How would you define marketing?
A way of igniting people's imagination and desire to purchase products and services.
- What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
I'd probably be an industrial designer, or I'd love to work for an F1 team.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career?
Be curious about consumers and find an area of marketing that gets you out of bed each morning.
You need strong business acumen and creativity.
- What was your first job?
Product designer at Mars, working on the design of the Galaxy chocolate bar.
- What was your finest hour?
Launching Vaseline Lip Therapy Ltd Edition Creme Brulee last year in Selfridges. It went on to become the fastest-selling product in the store's history.
- If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
One that takes something ordinary and makes it fun and quirky, such as Mini or Benefit make-up.
- What is your favourite ever marketing campaign?
'Diet Coke break'. Even now, I think this is how a lot of women remember the brand.
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'Only Smarties have the answer'. It's timeless and just rolls off the tongue.
- What marketing trend is dominating your job at the moment?
Limited editions, getting men to understand why they need to look after their face, and the growth in crowd-sourcing product or pack developments.
- What hobbies do you have?
Going to the gym, skiing, socialising, live music, and exploring at the weekends.
- What's your favourite pub?
The Ferry Inn in Salcombe, Devon. It reminds me of summer days by the estuary.
- If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
The Singapore F1 Grand Prix.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...