Paul Kemp- Robertson- Editorial Director and Co-Founder, Contagious
After graduating with a master's degree from Goldsmiths' College in London, Paul started his career at corporate communications firm Maritz before helping to launch shots magazine in 1990.
After a spell in commercials production, Paul returned to shots and became editor in 1994. Subscriptions trebled under his tenure.
In 1998 he succeeded Donald Gunn as Leo Burnett’s worldwide director of creative resources in Chicago. Reporting to Michael Conrad, Paul was responsible for the agency’s Great Commercials intranet site and its quarterly creative councils, known as the Global Product Committee.
Paul left Leo Burnett in 2004 to co-found Contagious – a quarterly magazine and dvd reporting on future trends, new technologies and innovative marketing techniques.
Contagious Communications is headquartered in London and is part of the Steel River Media company, of which Paul is a major shareholder.
Paul has written numerous articles for publications including Business 2.0, The Guardian, Hollywood Reporter and M&M Europe, as well as co-editing D&AD’s The Commercials Book. He has appeared on BBC Radio 4’s The Today Programme and 5 Live’s Wake Up To Money and is a member of the SuperBrands Council.
He is married with three children and lives in St Albans.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)