Campaign Media Awards 2012 - TV Sales Team of the Year: ITV
The reason for ITV's success this year seems to be that the broadcaster embraced all the criticism that was levelled at it in 2011 (the industry described it as "old-fashioned' and lacking innovation) and decided to effect transformative change in 2012.
ITV: transformative change in 2012 led to its non-spot revenues growing by 22 per cent year on year
This year, ITV decided to do what in many ways is one of the hardest tasks for a business: change its culture. It invested in hiring new talent and retraining staff to deliver a more collaborative and creative approach to selling its assets. This extended to an exclusive partnership with Shazam in order to add value to the channel’s offering. Highlights included a collaboration with the British Heart Foundation to craft a female heart attack plot line into the script of Coronation Street to raise awareness of heart disease in women.
All this paid off, with 170 client campaigns investing beyond the traditional 30-second spot, growing its non-spot revenues by 22 per cent year on year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...