Campaign Media Awards 2012 - TV Sales Team of the Year: ITV
The reason for ITV's success this year seems to be that the broadcaster embraced all the criticism that was levelled at it in 2011 (the industry described it as "old-fashioned' and lacking innovation) and decided to effect transformative change in 2012.
ITV: transformative change in 2012 led to its non-spot revenues growing by 22 per cent year on year
This year, ITV decided to do what in many ways is one of the hardest tasks for a business: change its culture. It invested in hiring new talent and retraining staff to deliver a more collaborative and creative approach to selling its assets. This extended to an exclusive partnership with Shazam in order to add value to the channel’s offering. Highlights included a collaboration with the British Heart Foundation to craft a female heart attack plot line into the script of Coronation Street to raise awareness of heart disease in women.
All this paid off, with 170 client campaigns investing beyond the traditional 30-second spot, growing its non-spot revenues by 22 per cent year on year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Global Head of Trading-South Africa Lipton Fleming £90000 per annum + benefits, Johannesburg
- MW ARt Director Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London