Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Radio Sales Team of the Year: Global Radio
Global Radio not only worked hard to get on advertisers' plans this year, it also helped to inspire the industry to believe more in the power of radio.
Global Radio: praised by judges for ‘putting the mojo back in the radio sector’
Sainsbury’s head of advertising, Mel Matson, said: "Global’s thinking on the main shopper audience helped shape our thinking beyond print and TV. They prove that radio can achieve a lot, from budgets that other media owners may ignore."
The sales team was dynamic and highly engaged with clients this year. The judges praised Global for "putting the mojo back in the radio sector" and engaging with creative agencies.
Global also delivered well on its repositioning that radio should be thought of as a national medium that is delivered locally, rather than the complicated regional advertising medium of old. The judges observed that the radio company had "redefined Capital to be current and connected".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England