Campaign Media Awards 2012- Best Media & Entertainment Campaign: Virgin Media
Fifty6's brief was to ensure customers knew Virgin Media was the fastest and best place to get broadband. Research found that competitors' customers were most annoyed by the online buffering that plagues their digital experience.
- Title: Introducing "Buffertising"
- Media agency: Fifty6
- Media director: Paul Gayfer
- Media planner: Suzy Casey
- Creative agency: Bartle Bogle Hegarty with The Red Brick Road and Havas Worldwide London
- Account planner: Tim Jones
- Client: Virgin Media
- Brand/product: Virgin Media Broadband
- Marketing director: Jeff Dodds
- Brand manager: Julian Hawkins
Fifty6’s strategy was to illustrate how unacceptable buffering is by bringing it to life in the most visible and surprising place possible: TV. "Buffertising" used ads by Yeo Valley, Citroën and Magners, placed in
high-profile commercial breaks, but halfway through the ads were paused and buffered several times, causing consternation among viewers. The ads then referenced Virgin Media and its buffer-free service.
Likes on Facebook increased by more than 2,000 and the campaign generated in excess of 815,000 Tweets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London