Campaign Media Awards - Best Transport Campaign: Citroën
Car buyers were losing interest in Citroën and OMD's brief was to renew interest in the brand and find a way to showcase the Citroën DS5 experience to captivate potential buyers.
- Title: Citroën 5 Star Experience
- Media agency: OMD UK
- Media director: Richard Evans
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: Drum
- Account planner: Max Ward
- Client: Citroën
- Brand/product: Citroën DS5
- Marketing director: Jules Tilstone
- Brand manager: Helen Bradshaw
The strategy created a virtual test drive to bring the Citroën experience to the target audience, with the new DS5 the perfect vehicle to achieve that.
OMD’s "star experience" campaign launched with a Facebook competition to recruit Citroën fans to take part in a road trip through the South of France. This real-life test drive by five winners was filmed, and online promotions around where people were searching for relevant car content drove consumers to view the film online. The film was also broadcast at art-house cinemas around the country.
Two million people viewed the test drive film, there was a 350 per cent increase in the volume of the brand being talked about on Facebook and Citroën DS5 has been the most heavily subscribed Citroën model for test drives so far.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire