Brand Manager of the Week: Jodie Wickers
Senior CRM manager, L'Oreal
- Describe yourself in three words.
Passionate, bubbly and conscientious.
- What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
Working in an elephant orphanage in Nairobi.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career?
Without the people at the bottom, there would be no success for people at the top: remember that when you make it to the top.
- What attracted you to your current job?
The opportunity to work on brands I could relate to, the passion and drive of the people at L'Oreal and the chance to make a difference to its marketing.
- How did you get your first marketing job?
After scouring the ads in Marketing.
- What was your finest hour?
That pivotal meeting in each of my roles, when I've proved to the senior leadership team that CRM and data-driven marketing is an essential part of their strategy.
- What's your greatest ambition?
To make all marketers that I work with data-centric.
- If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Google. It's successful, fun and just a little bit geeky.
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'Because you're worth it.'
- Do you have a marketing mentor?
I have many. Everyone I work with has something different to teach me.
- What makes you angry?
That people forget manners and how to smile when they're commuting.
- What is your favourite pub?
The Three Horseshoes, Laleham. I had my first job there, washing dishes, and the food is still amazing.
- What's your favourite holiday destination?
Anywhere that involves a safari.
- If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
Tickets to see Chelsea win a Champion's League Final.
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
For all countries to be equal, that no animals would face extinction and for M&S Percy Pigs to be good for you.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...