Brand Manager of the Week: Mark Stone
Owner and managing director, Hisaki Snacks
Describe yourself in three words.
Dynamic, demanding and enterprising.
What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
Musician, explorer or (in the real world) an Asian food-inspired restaurateur.
What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career?
Be open-minded, keep learning, take risks and make it happen for yourself.
What attracted you to your current job?
A passion for Asian food and a desire to control my destiny by creating a brand that I was proud of.
What was your first job?
Fruit-picking in the school holidays. We would sometimes add rocks to our punnets to boost our earnings.
How did you get your first job?
I asked. Like mother says, if you don't ask, you don't get.
What was your finest hour?
Spotting a stranger munching Hisaki snacks for the first time. Also, achieving a national listing in Tesco.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Hisaki. I'm burning bright and breathing fire.
What is your favourite ever marketing campaign?
'Red Bull gives you wings.'
What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'Give peas a chance.'
What hobbies do you have?
Playing guitar, travel and tasting weird food in the name of research.
If you weren't you, who would you be?
What makes you angry?
Bureaucracy and forms, I hate filling in forms.
What is your favourite pub?
Rio Cafe, Glasgow. Eccentric, informal and our first customer.
What's your favourite holiday destination?
Patagonia and Sydney.
If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
Aston Villa vs Bayern Munich, European Cup Final, 26 May 1982.
What have been your best and worst freebies?
Front-row tickets to see The Rolling Stones at Wembley was the best. Harpic Toilet Duck was not so amazing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...