Diary - He's no oil painting
Sorrell…could not raise a smile at the prospect of global economic turmoil
How does one capture an enigma like Sir Martin Sorrell in paint (and we don’t mean by throwing a bucketload over him)? Ask Grey’s Richard Evans, who has done a marvellous job of immortalising the diminutive knight. Evans, who is creating a series of oil paintings of various British luminaries, asked Sorrell if he would like to sit for him and the resulting portrait is pictured above.
Evans managed to break the ice with his subject early on with a gag on the financial downturn, which goes: "Due to the current economic crisis, Greece is cancelling all production of houmous and taramasalata. It’s a double-dip recession."
Sorrell found this highly amusing and subsequently relaxed and became a very biddable sitter, by all accounts. Evans said: "I gave him the painting in the end. In return, he offered to make a donation to charity to my preferred cause. Classy."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire