Nike is the runner-up in the animated ad stakes
LONDON - It seems to us here at Diary that somebody at Nike was quite taken by Adidas' "impossible is nothing" ads from last year.
Nike ad...similarities to Adidas predecessor
The work saw a number of its stars (including David Beckham) describing turbulent times in their lives through spoken story and drawn pictures on a glass wall.
One which especially catches the eye is Yelena Isinbayeva, a pole vault world champion who describes how she always wanted to be a gymnast but grew too tall and was told to try a different sport.
Now Nike has come up with a nice little spot about the tennis player Maria Sharapova.
It is an animated story highlighting the numerous trials and tribulations she faced while trying to make it to the top of the tennis tree and before she eventually won Grand Slams such as Wimbledon and the French Open. Yes, it is very, very similar to the Adidas effort.
You can compare the ads for yourself above.
Now these two massive companies have never been scared of competing against each other, but it certainly seems as if Nike has come second this time around.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Client Account Manager - Mobile Advertising Digital Gurus £30000 - £36000 per annum + bonus, negotiable, benefits, London
- Mobile Solutions Architect ( EMEA ) #Mobile - London Digital Gurus £60000 - £70000 per annum + Negotiable upon experience, City of London
- Mobile Project Manager - (Mobile Web / Mobile Applications) Digital Gurus £45000 - £57000 per annum + benefits, package, London
- INTEGRATED agency - South West London - ACCOUNT MANAGER or Senior Account Manager x 2 - £27k-35K Judi Patton £27k-£35k, South West London
- Media Account Director - Mobile Display Advertising Digital Gurus £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London