Nike is the runner-up in the animated ad stakes
LONDON - It seems to us here at Diary that somebody at Nike was quite taken by Adidas' "impossible is nothing" ads from last year.
Nike ad...similarities to Adidas predecessor
The work saw a number of its stars (including David Beckham) describing turbulent times in their lives through spoken story and drawn pictures on a glass wall.
One which especially catches the eye is Yelena Isinbayeva, a pole vault world champion who describes how she always wanted to be a gymnast but grew too tall and was told to try a different sport.
Now Nike has come up with a nice little spot about the tennis player Maria Sharapova.
It is an animated story highlighting the numerous trials and tribulations she faced while trying to make it to the top of the tennis tree and before she eventually won Grand Slams such as Wimbledon and the French Open. Yes, it is very, very similar to the Adidas effort.
You can compare the ads for yourself above.
Now these two massive companies have never been scared of competing against each other, but it certainly seems as if Nike has come second this time around.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire