Nike is the runner-up in the animated ad stakes
LONDON - It seems to us here at Diary that somebody at Nike was quite taken by Adidas' "impossible is nothing" ads from last year.
Nike ad...similarities to Adidas predecessor
The work saw a number of its stars (including David Beckham) describing turbulent times in their lives through spoken story and drawn pictures on a glass wall.
One which especially catches the eye is Yelena Isinbayeva, a pole vault world champion who describes how she always wanted to be a gymnast but grew too tall and was told to try a different sport.
Now Nike has come up with a nice little spot about the tennis player Maria Sharapova.
It is an animated story highlighting the numerous trials and tribulations she faced while trying to make it to the top of the tennis tree and before she eventually won Grand Slams such as Wimbledon and the French Open. Yes, it is very, very similar to the Adidas effort.
You can compare the ads for yourself above.
Now these two massive companies have never been scared of competing against each other, but it certainly seems as if Nike has come second this time around.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)