Nike is the runner-up in the animated ad stakes
LONDON - It seems to us here at Diary that somebody at Nike was quite taken by Adidas' "impossible is nothing" ads from last year.
Nike ad...similarities to Adidas predecessor
The work saw a number of its stars (including David Beckham) describing turbulent times in their lives through spoken story and drawn pictures on a glass wall.
One which especially catches the eye is Yelena Isinbayeva, a pole vault world champion who describes how she always wanted to be a gymnast but grew too tall and was told to try a different sport.
Now Nike has come up with a nice little spot about the tennis player Maria Sharapova.
It is an animated story highlighting the numerous trials and tribulations she faced while trying to make it to the top of the tennis tree and before she eventually won Grand Slams such as Wimbledon and the French Open. Yes, it is very, very similar to the Adidas effort.
You can compare the ads for yourself above.
Now these two massive companies have never been scared of competing against each other, but it certainly seems as if Nike has come second this time around.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...