1. No, you're not looking at extras from The Breakfast Club, but BMW's press team, celebrating 30 years of being at their head office in Bracknell last Wednesday. Apparently the team also got into the spirit of 1980 by munching on scampi in a basket and chicken kievs during that almost-forgotten activity, the 'long lunch'.
2. Phipps PR account director Anna Noble showed off her newly acquired stage skills last week by starring in the Wine and Spirit Trades' Benevolent Society's pantomime production of Vinderella. The show, which featured a song to the tune of Rihanna's Umbrella about cheap Valpolicella, raised more than £10,000 for the charity.
3. Bite Communications raised £1,325 for the Haiti appeal two weeks ago by shaving the unruly bonce of account manager Tony Lederer, also known as 'The Hair', 'Lion-O' or 'Simba'. 'Five kilos of hair was destroyed in the process and the clippers nearly gave up, but we got there in the end,' said Tony afterwards.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...