Turkey of the Week: The Sun
Jeremy Lee finds The Sun’s "Big Smile Giveaway" spot by Grey London creepy: "There’s something very peculiar about this ad that sends a shiver down my spine. The poor child actor, dressed in bizarre 80s-style clothing, is afflicted with an undecipherable voice but is forced to deliver lines that no child would ever use. The most disturbing of these is the recurring ‘joke’ wordplay around the word ‘arse’. Not sure if this was ever deemed appropriate, but is certainly not now. No smile on my face – just a grimace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...