Barclaycard launches PayTag mobile payment
Barclaycard has launched a contactless payment method called PayTag that works on all mobile phones.
Barclaycard: rolls out PayTag
From today, millions of Barclaycard customers will be able to make payments with any mobile phone by sticking a Barclaycard PayTag to the back of their handset.
PayTag is a third of the size of a normal card and can be used to make payments of up to £15 when it is held over a contactless payment terminal. From June this amount will rise to £20.
Last week Barclaycard and Orange announced that credit or debit card holders from all UK banks would be able to load money onto Barclaycard's mobile payments application, in the Quick Tap wallet.
Research carried out on Barclaycard's behalf predicts £3bn worth of purchases will be made with mobile phones in the UK in 2016.
Barclaycard claims PayTag provides customers with the choice of simple mobile phone payment without having to wait to upgrade and at no additional cost.
David Chan, chief executive officer of Barclaycard Consumer Europe, said: "Today, we are offering the choice of mobile payments to millions of our customers at no additional cost to them.
"More than half of us say that the item we’re most lost without is our mobile phone, so we're giving people the option of using them to make easy, convenient, everyday payments without the need to upgrade their current handset."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Social Media Account Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, West Midlands
- Conceptual Creative E3 Media Limited £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience, Situated in the creative quarter of Bristol
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London