Campaign Media Awards - Best Use of Research: Gocompare.com
Carat recognised that, in the price-comparison marketplace, share of voice is crucial, but that pursuing it excessively could result in a TV arms race that could end up unprofitable for everyone.
- Title: Gocompare.com - "Beating competitors through real-time TV planning"
- Media agency: Carat
- Media director: Glyn Shadwell
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: n/s
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Gocompare.com
- Brand/product: Research
- Marketing director: Nick Hall
- Brand manager: Tom Ellis
The agency’s econometrics analysis showed that current TV weekly weights for the level of competitor activity were disproportionate. Although the performance difference from the optimal week looked relatively small, refinements made a substantial performance difference over an annual period.
Combined with the relative cost-effectiveness of TV in different months, these efficiency gains enabled Carat to deliver the same business performance while saving Gocompare.com a seven-figure sum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)