Campaign Media Awards - Best Use of Research: Gocompare.com
Carat recognised that, in the price-comparison marketplace, share of voice is crucial, but that pursuing it excessively could result in a TV arms race that could end up unprofitable for everyone.
- Title: Gocompare.com - "Beating competitors through real-time TV planning"
- Media agency: Carat
- Media director: Glyn Shadwell
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: n/s
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Gocompare.com
- Brand/product: Research
- Marketing director: Nick Hall
- Brand manager: Tom Ellis
The agency’s econometrics analysis showed that current TV weekly weights for the level of competitor activity were disproportionate. Although the performance difference from the optimal week looked relatively small, refinements made a substantial performance difference over an annual period.
Combined with the relative cost-effectiveness of TV in different months, these efficiency gains enabled Carat to deliver the same business performance while saving Gocompare.com a seven-figure sum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)