Absolute Radio signs Green Flag as traffic and travel sponsor
Absolute Radio has signed up breakdown service Green Flag as the first sponsor of its traffic and travel bulletins in a six-figure deal.
Green Flag: sponsors Absolute Radio's traffic and travel bulletins
The six-month deal will run from 7 January to 7 July and the creative will centre on the message, "Keeping you moving, whatever it takes".
Absolute Radio will also run sponsorship trails for a series of 'Pit Stops' Green Flag is running around the UK, where it will offer public tutorials on changing oil, water and general advice on vehicle maintenance.
A brand takeover of the Traffic and Travel page on the Absolute Radio website is also part of the sponsorship package.
Lauren Croly, senior planner and buyer of investment at MediaCom, and Emma Smyth, head of sponsorship at Absolute Radio, brokered the deal.
Green Flag's sponsorship ties in with its brand promise that it will arrive on the scene of an emergency within 60 minutes, with customers receiving 50% off their next renewal if the promise is not fulfilled.
Creative for the sponsorship has been handled by CHI & Partners and tells the story of a man who breaks down as he tries to make it home in time for his child's bath time.
The deal follows December's news that Absolute Radio owner Bennett, Coleman & Co has re-entered discussions with potential buyers, after calling off a sale last year.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London