Churchill launches January sale in place of Martin Clunes ads
Insurance brand Churchill has rolled out a celebrity free January sale campaign, following the decision to part company with actor Martin Clunes last year.
The Direct Line Group-owned insurer dropped Clunes as the face of its ads in November after it was revealed the actor had been disqualified from driving for speeding offences.
To ensure it does not miss out on customers during the important New Year period, Churchill has launched a series of 10-second TV ads featuring its nodding dog character.
Each of the three clips promotes specific products, including guaranteed hire car and multi-car discount with its car insurance, and 12 months' cover for the price of eight on home insurance.
It is understood that a new, long-term ad campaign is currently in development by agency WCRS, with a planned launch next month.
Clunes first appeared in a Churchill ad on Boxing Day 2011, becoming the latest ambassador for the firm. Previous celebrities to have featured in ads include Rolf Harris, Roy Walker, Melanie Sykes and Ricky Hatton.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London