Bupa recruits pharma veteran Theresa Heggie to top marketing post
Healthcare company Bupa looks set to move away from consumer-focused marketing, with the appointment of a pharmaceutical industry veteran to replace its high-profile former top marketer, Martin George.
Bupa: Bupa by you by OgilvyOne
The brand has recruited Theresa Heggie as chief strategy and marketing officer. Heggie currently holds the post of senior vice-president of global commercial operations at biopharmaceutical company Shire Human Genetic Therapies.
She has previously occupied roles at Janssen Pharmaceuticals and Ohmeda Pharmaceutical Products Division.
Martin George, Bupa's former managing director for group development, who oversaw marketing, left the firm in October as part of a restructure under newly appointed chief executive Stuart Fletcher.
Ex-British Airways (BA) commercial director George had recruited a number of high-profile marketers to join the team at Bupa, including fellow former BA marketers Sue Moore and Tiffany Hall and ex-PepsiCo vice-president for innovation Fiona McAnena. McAnena left Bupa in 2009 to set up a consultancy business.
George was also responsible for leading the development of the brand’' ongoing 'Helping you find healthy' campaign, and attempting to push Bupa more as a consumer-facing brand.
Chief executive Fletcher said: "Theresa's extensive commercial expertise, healthcare knowledge and international experience make her an ideal fit for Bupa. Her appointment completes the reorganisation of our senior executive team, and I'm very pleased she’s joining us at such a pivotal point in our growth."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)