HSBC plots global 150th anniversary celebrations
HSBC is gearing up to run a major global marketing campaign around its 150th anniversary in 2015.
HSBC: recent 'Lemon Grove' ad campaign
The drive was assigned to JWT as part of the bank’s recent review of its ad agency arrangements.
HSBC will redirect its sponsorship budget toward the anniversary celebrations. As a result, the activity will be run by head of sponsorship Giles Morgan, who currently looks after the bank’s rugby and golf properties.
Hill & Knowlton, the bank’s sports PR agency, will also be heavily involved.
Last week, HSBC concluded a five-month ad agency review of its £400m business.
JWT will be responsible for global brand work, cross-business divisional activity and its Advance account proposition. The agency, previously the sole incumbent, will also handle global ad duties for the HSBC Private Bank.
Grey will work on HSBC’s retail banking and wealth business across Europe and Latin America, as well as First Direct and HSBC’s global commercial banking business.
Saatchi & Saatchi will handle HSBC’s premier, wealth business and sponsorship advertising globally.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham