HSBC plots global 150th anniversary celebrations
HSBC is gearing up to run a major global marketing campaign around its 150th anniversary in 2015.
HSBC: recent 'Lemon Grove' ad campaign
The drive was assigned to JWT as part of the bank’s recent review of its ad agency arrangements.
HSBC will redirect its sponsorship budget toward the anniversary celebrations. As a result, the activity will be run by head of sponsorship Giles Morgan, who currently looks after the bank’s rugby and golf properties.
Hill & Knowlton, the bank’s sports PR agency, will also be heavily involved.
Last week, HSBC concluded a five-month ad agency review of its £400m business.
JWT will be responsible for global brand work, cross-business divisional activity and its Advance account proposition. The agency, previously the sole incumbent, will also handle global ad duties for the HSBC Private Bank.
Grey will work on HSBC’s retail banking and wealth business across Europe and Latin America, as well as First Direct and HSBC’s global commercial banking business.
Saatchi & Saatchi will handle HSBC’s premier, wealth business and sponsorship advertising globally.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)