Direct Line in £50m media rethink
Direct Line Group is reviewing its £50 million media planning and buying business following the spin-off from the Royal Bank of Scotland last year.
Direct Line: MediaCom has handled media for the past ten years
Through RBS, MediaCom has handled media for the group, which owns the insurance brands Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag, for the past ten years.
The review follows a restructure of the company’s marketing operations in September last year and the promotion of Mark Evans to the role of group marketing director. Evans is believed to be leading the pitch process.
MediaCom successfully defended the business in 2010. The WPP agency declined to comment on the review.
A Direct Line spokesman said: "Media is the last piece of the marketing mix due to be looked at since we divested from RBS… MediaCom will be invited to repitch."
Direct Line Group spent £48.1 million on media in the 12 months to 30 September 2012, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)