Direct Line in £50m media rethink
Direct Line Group is reviewing its £50 million media planning and buying business following the spin-off from the Royal Bank of Scotland last year.
Direct Line: MediaCom has handled media for the past ten years
Through RBS, MediaCom has handled media for the group, which owns the insurance brands Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag, for the past ten years.
The review follows a restructure of the company’s marketing operations in September last year and the promotion of Mark Evans to the role of group marketing director. Evans is believed to be leading the pitch process.
MediaCom successfully defended the business in 2010. The WPP agency declined to comment on the review.
A Direct Line spokesman said: "Media is the last piece of the marketing mix due to be looked at since we divested from RBS… MediaCom will be invited to repitch."
Direct Line Group spent £48.1 million on media in the 12 months to 30 September 2012, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London