Direct Line in £50m media rethink
Direct Line Group is reviewing its £50 million media planning and buying business following the spin-off from the Royal Bank of Scotland last year.
Direct Line: MediaCom has handled media for the past ten years
Through RBS, MediaCom has handled media for the group, which owns the insurance brands Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag, for the past ten years.
The review follows a restructure of the company’s marketing operations in September last year and the promotion of Mark Evans to the role of group marketing director. Evans is believed to be leading the pitch process.
MediaCom successfully defended the business in 2010. The WPP agency declined to comment on the review.
A Direct Line spokesman said: "Media is the last piece of the marketing mix due to be looked at since we divested from RBS… MediaCom will be invited to repitch."
Direct Line Group spent £48.1 million on media in the 12 months to 30 September 2012, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...