Dove launches campaign to support self-esteem programme
Dove, the Unilever-owned skin care brand, is launching its latest self-esteem initiative tomorrow (24 March), with an ad campaign that encourages girls and women to have a positive relationship with beauty and themselves.
Dove: unveils latest self-esteem campaign on TV this weekend
The campaign, created by Ogilvy & Mather, forms part of a £1.6m drive and breaks on TV, supported by an on-pack promotion and in-store activity.
The ads will carry the strapline, "Together we can make a difference. Dove brings self-esteem education to girls".
Ali Fisher, brand manager of Dove Skin, Unilever UK, said the brand hoped to create a "step change" with the new campaign.
She said: "At Dove, we are passionate about our social mission and want to continue our support to help young girls and women develop a positive relationship with their bodies."
The 2012 Dove self-esteem programme aims to tackle women and girls' attitudes towards themselves, following research released by SIG, which showed 53% of girls in the UK have avoided certain activities because they feel bad about their looks.
The research also found that 22% of girls won't go to the beach or pool, while 20% have avoided physical activity or exercise, and one in 10 will not go to the doctor.
Dove's self-esteem programme has previously run in schools, engaging with more than 800,000 people in the UK, and has invested £250,000 to run one-hour workshops in partnership with the Beat Eating Disorders Association.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior VOD Sales Director Ultimate Asset £40000 - £60000 per annum + + STOCK + COMM, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...