The Body Shop signs up Lily Cole as global brand ambassador
The Body Shop, the L'Oréal-owned brand, has named supermodel Lily Cole as its global brand ambassador, as it launches the 'Beauty with Heart' campaign, alongside a new retail offering called Pulse Boutiques.
The Body Shop: signs up Lily Cole
The 'Beauty with Heart' strategy aims to push the Body Shop’s message that "beauty is more than skin deep", which will be communicated to consumers through the brand's new Pulse Boutique shops.
The new strategy is supported by the strapline, "Looking good, feeling good, doing good," which aims to promote the brand's ethical products, high-quality ingredients and commitment to fair trade.
It follows a global repositioning of the brand last August, which was believed to introduce a loyalty scheme to boost sales.
The new Pulse Boutiques are a combination of brand new stores and remodelled existing stores rolling out globally, the first of which will open in Hungary in April this year.
The Body Shop claims the stores are interactive and focused on beauty, which will inform consumers about the brand's global activities, including the commitment to reduce its CO2 emissions from its stores by 50% by 2020.
Ann Massal, international brand director of the Body Shop, said: "Pulse is a heartbeat in the community.
"It is where 'beauty with heart' comes to life through our Community Fair Trade products, our passionate teams, and through our community and values walls which allow for consumer engagement and interaction."
Lily Cole said: "I have long been an advocate of the potential of using business and consumer power to cause positive change.
"The Body Shop takes a responsible attitude to people and the environment, and it feels amazing to be supporting a brand who is a pioneer in that way of working."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...