Rennie to sponsor Christmas on Channel 4 and UKTV
Rennie, the indigestion remedy brand, is to target people overindulging in the Christmas period by sponsoring seasonal programming across Channel 4, Film4 and the UKTV network.
Rennie: animated idents mark brand's sponsorship of seasonal TV programming
The significant six-figure sponsorship will cover shows such as 'Superscrimpers Christmas Special' and 'Fabulous Baker Brothers Christmas Special' on Channel 4, UKTV’s 'Festive Entertainment' strand and Film4's daytime schedule.
The 'Festive Entertainment' strand will include 1,600 hours of programming across UKTV's network including all its channels (such as Dave and Gold), apart from Home.
JWT has made the idents, which will use animation to make light-hearted jokes about Christmas excess and convey the message that Rennie can make "tummies happy this Christmas".
The sponsorship, which was negotiated between Channel 4 sales and MediaCom Beyond Advertising, starts on Monday (19 November) and will run until the end of the year.
Ivan Lazarov, associate director at MediaCom Beyond Advertising, said: "Christmas viewing across Channel 4 and UKTV offers Rennie a big TV occasion, as well as a family presence which, combined with humorous idents, will enable the brand to connect with a period of traditional excess and drive huge brand awareness."
Channel 4 has managed the ad sales for UKTV's network since January 2011.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...