Brand Manager of the Week: Jodie Wickers
Senior CRM manager, L'Oreal
- Describe yourself in three words.
Passionate, bubbly and conscientious.
- What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
Working in an elephant orphanage in Nairobi.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career?
Without the people at the bottom, there would be no success for people at the top: remember that when you make it to the top.
- What attracted you to your current job?
The opportunity to work on brands I could relate to, the passion and drive of the people at L'Oreal and the chance to make a difference to its marketing.
- How did you get your first marketing job?
After scouring the ads in Marketing.
- What was your finest hour?
That pivotal meeting in each of my roles, when I've proved to the senior leadership team that CRM and data-driven marketing is an essential part of their strategy.
- What's your greatest ambition?
To make all marketers that I work with data-centric.
- If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Google. It's successful, fun and just a little bit geeky.
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'Because you're worth it.'
- Do you have a marketing mentor?
I have many. Everyone I work with has something different to teach me.
- What makes you angry?
That people forget manners and how to smile when they're commuting.
- What is your favourite pub?
The Three Horseshoes, Laleham. I had my first job there, washing dishes, and the food is still amazing.
- What's your favourite holiday destination?
Anywhere that involves a safari.
- If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
Tickets to see Chelsea win a Champion's League Final.
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
For all countries to be equal, that no animals would face extinction and for M&S Percy Pigs to be good for you.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)