Build a Skittles Rainbow activity streams live on Facebook
Skittles is creating a virtual upside down version of the Skittle's Rainbow, which will be built from "sweets" contributed by its 2.4 million UK Facebook fans.
Skittles: streams 'build a rainbow' Facebook campaign
The creation is part of the brand's marketing support for Skittles Confused. The offshoot brand is an assortment of sweets decorated in colours that do not match their flavour, which launched this year.
A batch of Skittles will added to the online rainbow every 10-minutes in novel ways, such as by a dwarf dressed in a turtle check and chinos.
100,000 fans will be able to claim a Skittle as their own. Those wanting to participate must go to the Skittles Facebook page, where they can also add a message to personalise their sweet.
The whole event will be streamed live via a number of webcams. A follow up video of the event will subsequently be hosted on YouTube.
Skittles has proved a massive hit on Facebook, where it has run high-profile campaigns like "Facebook status updater" and other activity around its Confused variant.
Globally, the Mars-owned brand has 24 million Facebook fans.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1