Build a Skittles Rainbow activity streams live on Facebook
Skittles is creating a virtual upside down version of the Skittle's Rainbow, which will be built from "sweets" contributed by its 2.4 million UK Facebook fans.
Skittles: streams 'build a rainbow' Facebook campaign
The creation is part of the brand's marketing support for Skittles Confused. The offshoot brand is an assortment of sweets decorated in colours that do not match their flavour, which launched this year.
A batch of Skittles will added to the online rainbow every 10-minutes in novel ways, such as by a dwarf dressed in a turtle check and chinos.
100,000 fans will be able to claim a Skittle as their own. Those wanting to participate must go to the Skittles Facebook page, where they can also add a message to personalise their sweet.
The whole event will be streamed live via a number of webcams. A follow up video of the event will subsequently be hosted on YouTube.
Skittles has proved a massive hit on Facebook, where it has run high-profile campaigns like "Facebook status updater" and other activity around its Confused variant.
Globally, the Mars-owned brand has 24 million Facebook fans.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)