Strongbow shifts ad strategy to aspirational message
Strongbow, the UK’s biggest-selling cider, is aiming to become a more aspirational brand with the launch of a multimillion-pound ad campaign.
Strongbow: shift in strategy
Next week (30 April) it will unveil a fresh creative strategy that introduces the strapline ‘Strongbow. Earn it.’
The TV ad, which pays homage to the ‘Britflick’ gangster genre, tells the story of members of a wedding band ‘earning’ their pints of Strongbow. In recent years the brand’s ads have used the theme of ‘hard graft’ and focused on manual workers.
Explaining the change, Lucy Henderson, the Strongbow brand manager at Heineken UK, said: ‘The whole cider category is growing and changing so quickly and cider is becoming more aspirational. We’re going for a younger target audience, the new consumers that are coming in.’
The campaign, created by St Luke’s, will also run across outdoor, video-on-demand and experiential.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- PR Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 per annum, Birmingham
- HEAD OF DIGITAL SALES Success Digital £Competitive Salary + Bonus Scheme, Manchester
- PPC Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, North West England
- Email Marketing Executive - Fashion - £30k 24 Seven Inc Up to £30,000, West London
- Qualitative Research Managers URGENT Stopgap £50000 per annum, London