Strongbow shifts ad strategy to aspirational message
Strongbow, the UK’s biggest-selling cider, is aiming to become a more aspirational brand with the launch of a multimillion-pound ad campaign.
Strongbow: shift in strategy
Next week (30 April) it will unveil a fresh creative strategy that introduces the strapline ‘Strongbow. Earn it.’
The TV ad, which pays homage to the ‘Britflick’ gangster genre, tells the story of members of a wedding band ‘earning’ their pints of Strongbow. In recent years the brand’s ads have used the theme of ‘hard graft’ and focused on manual workers.
Explaining the change, Lucy Henderson, the Strongbow brand manager at Heineken UK, said: ‘The whole cider category is growing and changing so quickly and cider is becoming more aspirational. We’re going for a younger target audience, the new consumers that are coming in.’
The campaign, created by St Luke’s, will also run across outdoor, video-on-demand and experiential.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...