Pepsi releases limited-edition Michael Jackson cans for global push
Pepsi is gearing up for a major marketing push that will place images of Michael Jackson on limited-edition cans in more than 20 countries to coincide with the 25th anniversary of 'Bad', the king of pop's seventh album.
Pepsi: unveils Michael Jackson packaging
PepsiCo has struck a global partnership with the estate of Michael Jackson, who died in 2009.
The activity will go live in China this week, before rolling out globally. The promotional work will feature different silhouettes of Michael Jackson on limited edition Pepsi cans, alongside the 'King of Pop' strapline.
It will include competitions across each market that offer consumers the opportunity to win limited-edition merchandise, and tickets to Cirque du Soleil's 'Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour'.
Celebratory projects are also being planned by Sony Music and the Estate of Michael Jackson to celebrate 'Bad''s 25th anniversary.
Pepsi first teamed up with Jackson in 1983 for the 'New Generation' campaign, after which, the soft drink brand sponsored the 1988 'Bad' tour.
Jackson then appeared in Pepsi's 'Chase' campaign.
Frank Cooper, chief marketing officer, global consumer engagement, PepsiCo, said: "Michael Jackson will always be the king of pop, and his music has always inspired fans and artists alike.
"This partnership goes beyond nostalgia and will engage with consumers all around the world with iconic imagery on more than one billion Pepsi cans, digital content and epic, live events, so that they can continue to connect with Jackson's music and honour his legendary impact on entertainment."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...