Flora spreads Vernon Kay campaign across more products
Flora has brought back Vernon Kay and his mother Gladys in a TV spot to promote the reformulation of the brand's ingredients.
The campaign, created by Adam & Eve DDB, breaks this week and shows Kay and his mother in the kitchen, making sandwiches with the reformulated Flora.
Kay says: "It’s better, because it's tastier," while his mother corrects him with the line, "It's better because it's healthier."
The two continue to bicker about the Flora and Flora Light spreads, while highlighting the reformulation of the product.
The TV work is supported by an iAd featuring Kay and his mother, and feeds into Unilever's £10m relaunch of the Flora brand. Unilever claims that Flora's taste and health credentials have been enhanced through a new cool-blending process used to make the brand's products.
Kay and his mother have already appeared together in a similar campaign for Flora's latest product innovation, Flora Cuisine, the brand's own cooking oil.
The campaign was cleared by the ASA, after the watchdog received complaints about Unilever's claim that Flora Cuisine contains 45% less saturated fat than olive oil, and whether this could be substantiated.
Alessandra Sega, brand manager, Unilever UK, said: "Since the launch of the reformulated Flora, the penetration of Flora Original and Flora Light has increased to 20.6% and 23.1% respectively, indicating that the new Flora is encouraging new consumers to trial, whilst also resonating well with existing fans of the brand.
"This is the second phase of above-the-line activity for the Flora reformulation this year, and the TV commercial really highlights the improved health, as well as taste, credentials of both products."
Creative director Howard Willmott worked on the ad with creative team Jim and Jamie; business director Tom Ellis Jones; account director Charlotte Evans; project manager Nicholas Ellis; planner Elizabeth Jamot, and producer Natalie Powell.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...