Maldon Salt makes social media debut
Sea salt brand Maldon Salt is running its first digital campaign, targeting food enthusiasts and bloggers as it celebrates its 130th anniversary.
Maldon Salt: rolls out debut digital campaign on its 130th anniversary
The 'Desert Island Dishes' social media campaign, created by Profero, aims to get food bloggers and fans of the brand discussing their favourite dishes of all time.
The activity is centred around Maldon's blog, with conversation being generated on Twitter.
It has enlisted prolific tweeters including the writer David Quantick, journalist and writer India Knight, and television presenter Pollyanna Woodward, to discuss the food they could not live without, for a series of videos on its blog and YouTube channel.
Their dishes are created by presenter and food blogger James Ramsden, who offers tips in a series of videos also posted to Maldon's YouTube channel.
In addition to the social media activity, selected food bloggers' recipe suggestions will also appear on the back of Maldon boxes.
Maldon Salt is a family run business based in Essex and produces its flaky salt crystals using traditional methods. It appointed Profero to build the brand in social media earlier this year, following a competitive pitch.
Virginia Lana, marketing manager at Maldon Salt Company, said: "Maldon is a unique product and brand that draws a lot of enthusiastic support from consumers and naturally engages people who are passionate about food."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London