Walkers enlists Gary Lineker's dad
Walkers is launching a new TV and social media campaign, showcasing its switch to British-sourced flavourings, which will feature long-standing brand ambassador Gary Lineker and his dad, Barry.
The TV spot will air on Friday 8 March starring Gary Lineker, but not Barry, while the social media campaign will feature both Linekers touring the country in a van, looking out for home-grown ingredients.
The PepsiCo-owned brand started using British-sourced ingredients to flavour its core range crisps in January.
Separately, Walkers has suffered the ire of vegetarians over its decision to add meat to its previously vegetarian bacon and chicken crisps.
Walkers' Facebook page has been hit with comments such as, "Vegetarians are horrified you are restricting their choice."
The Vegetarian Society criticised the move as a "backwards step" for the brand.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...