Walkers enlists Gary Lineker's dad
Walkers is launching a new TV and social media campaign, showcasing its switch to British-sourced flavourings, which will feature long-standing brand ambassador Gary Lineker and his dad, Barry.
The TV spot will air on Friday 8 March starring Gary Lineker, but not Barry, while the social media campaign will feature both Linekers touring the country in a van, looking out for home-grown ingredients.
The PepsiCo-owned brand started using British-sourced ingredients to flavour its core range crisps in January.
Separately, Walkers has suffered the ire of vegetarians over its decision to add meat to its previously vegetarian bacon and chicken crisps.
Walkers' Facebook page has been hit with comments such as, "Vegetarians are horrified you are restricting their choice."
The Vegetarian Society criticised the move as a "backwards step" for the brand.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...