Mentos unveils 'Stay fresh' global campaign
Confectionery brand Mentos is introducing the strapline 'Stay fresh' as part of a global campaign targeting younger consumers.
The brand, owned by Italian company Perfetti Van Melle, is rolling out a TV, press and outdoor campaign warning: ‘Don’t become your dad.’
The work, by BBH, includes a trio of TV ads depicting what can happen if consumers do not ‘stay fresh’. In one spot, a man turns down an offer of a car ride with two beautiful women because their vehicle does not have seatbelts. In another, a student in a library cannot work out how to mute his mobile-phone ringtone.
Mentos has attempted to strike an irreverent tone in its ads for some time, with recent campaigns using the tagline: ‘There’s nothing like a Mentos kiss.’ However, having divers-ified beyond mint products, the brand is looking to adopt a broader positioning to promote its confectionery.
Perfetti Van Melle also owns brands such as Chupa-Chups, Fruittella and Smint.
Mentos reported a strong 2012, with UK sales of its non-gum confectionery range up 17% year on year to £16.5m, according to Nielsen. It is the UK’s fourth-biggest gum brand, behind Mars-owned Wrigley’s Extra, Air-waves and Orbit, posting annual sales of £8.5m in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...