Virgin Media to interrupt Yeo Valley ad during Brit breaks
Virgin Media is to stage a "takeover" of spots by Yeo Valley during tonight's (21 February) Brit Awards coverage on ITV1.
Virgin Media...interrupting other ads
The media company will first interrupt Yeo Valley’s TV ad with an image of an online buffering wheel, familiar to computer users.
Yeo Valley’s ad resumes and freezes again before asking viwers why they put up with buffering online when they wouldn’t with TV. A Citroen ad will be given similar treatment during other programming.
Fifty6, the joint venture between Manning Gottlieb OMD and Goodstuff that launched last year to service the Virgin Media business, has planned and delivered the media activity.
Andrew Stephens, the joint managing director of Fifty6, said: "We’ve worked across brands and agencies to make this happen and are delighted to have unveiled the campaign during the Brit Awards, one of the year’s TV highlights."
Jeff Dodds, the executive director of brand and marketing communications at Virgin Media, said: "The unexpected interruption to primetime brings home the message that viewers shouldn’t settle for buffering on TV or online."
The Brit Awards airs on ITV1 at 8pm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...