BBH and Ogilvy vie for Barclays ad brief
Barclays is in talks with its roster agencies regarding a brief for a global brand-repositioning project.
Barclays: agency talks
Bartle Bogle Hegarty and WPP’s Ogilvy & Mather are understood to have been briefed to respond with ideas on global positioning and communications.
BBH holds Barclays’ £34 million UK ad account for retail banking as well as the Barclaycard business, while Ogilvy handles global advertising for Barclays’ investment banking arm, Barclays Capital, and its private wealth unit, Barclays Wealth.
It is thought the process is being overseen by Michelle McEttrick, the chief marketing officer at Barclays Global Retail Banking, and David Wheldon, the former Coca-Cola and Vodafone marketer who is the head of brand, reputation and citizenship. He arrived at the bank just last month.
McEttrick joined Barclays from BBH in March last year. Her appointment followed the creation in 2009 of the GRB division.
The banking giant, which this week was ordered by the UK Treasury to pay £500 million in tax that it had tried to avoid, unveiled profits of almost £6 billion last month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...