Campaign Viral Chart: Sex, sex and sex in top three positions
Sex appeal rules for the three most shared ads in this week's Campaign viral chart, with varying degrees of subtlety at work for US burger joint Carl's Junior, cleaning brand Clorox and sweet treat M&Ms.
M&M's: 'sexy and I know it' ad stays top despite drop in shares of more than 22,000
M&M's "sexy and I know it", which was released nearly a month ago, is on top for a second week with 18,521 shares.
It has been shared 457,876 times in total – racking up more than 450,000 shares on Facebook and gaining mentions in 467 blog posts since it hit the web.
UK energy supplier Ecotricity's "collapsing cooling towers" work by Man + Hatchet remains in the top 10, but has fallen a few places from last week's second place.
The ad features the destruction of animated cooling towers and has secured just 2,946 shares this week, down nearly 13,000 shares on the previous week.
At the bottom of the chart, an ad for the Heartland Department of Education attacking plans to teach students that humans have no effect on climate change, received 899 shares in the last seven days.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
Due to technical issues with Twitter's API, shares from the social network were not included in the count.
1. M&Ms 'sexy and I know it' by BBDO, New York
18,521 shares this week
All time: 457,876 shares
2. Carl's Junior 'southwest patty melt' by 72andSunny
14,121 shares this week
All time: 16,229 shares
3. Clorox 'double impact' DDB, San Francisco
9,331 shares this week
All time: 21,261 shares
4. Nokia 'the next breakthrough in photography' by Design Studio
8,506 shares this week
All time: 11,165 shares
5. Peugeot 'let your body drive?' by Havas Media International
18,545 shares this week
All time: 10,228
6. EA 'Mass Effect 3' by DraftFCB
4,872 shares this week
All time: 9,488 shares
7. Old Spice 'bounce' by Wieden+Kennedy
3,809 shares this week
All time: 76,008 shares
8. Ecotricity 'collapsing cooling towers' by Man + Hatchet
2,946 shares this week
All time: 57,073 shares
9. Microsoft 'googlighting' created in-house
1,903 shares this week
All time: 7,422 shares
10. Heartland Department of Education 'is the truth really for sale?' by Bogusky and M ss ng p eces
899 shares this week
All time: 1,595 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...