WPP reports 4% rise in revenues to £2.4bn
WPP has reported a 4% uplift in underlying revenues to £2.4bn in the first quarter, but the UK has been hit by slower growth from its direct and digital marketing operations, the company's financial figures reveal today (27 April).
WPP: releases company results for Q1
The world's largest marketing service group said its advertising and media investment management unit, home to Ogilvy, JWT, MediaCom, performed strongly and grew 6.2% to £973m in the quarter.
WPP said new business wins totalled £1.159bn in the quarter, compared to £845m in the previous quarter.
Flagship media agency GroupM,the group investment management company which includes Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxuis and GroupM, generated new business of £629m in the period.
WPP said 28.5% of WPP’s revenues came from Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Across Western Europe, like-for-like revenues grew 2.5%
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London