Trinity Mirror acquires digital comms specialist for £8m in cash
Trinity Mirror, publisher of the Daily Mirror, has acquired Communicator Corp, the digital communications company which specialises in email marketing and mobile communications, for £8m, as it seeks to expand its digital marketing offering.
Sly Bailey: chief executive of Trinity Mirror
Communicator Corp, based in Sunderland, operates in nearly 180 countries and its client base includes Adidas, Mitchells & Butler and Scottish & Southern Energy.
This latest acquisition follows Trinity Mirror's purchase of digital marketing services specialist Rippleffect in 2008.
Communicator Corp reported revenues of £3.5m and operating profit of £1m in the year ending 31 March 2011.
Trinity Mirror paid for the company in cash.
The publishing group is looking to become less reliant on its core print assets of national and local newspapers.
Sly Bailey, chief executive of Trinity Mirror, said: "Increasingly, we're seeing that, in addition to print and website advertising, clients want help in areas such as website design, search engine optimisation, e-mail marketing, social media and web analytics.
"The addition of Communicator Corp to our stable of digital assets will enhance our offering and complement the digital marketing services currently offered by Rippleffect."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...