Ad agency news & analysis
As Lake Capital extends the deadline to agree a deal to buy Engine, the Results International partner Jim Houghton looks at the role of private equity in adland.
Harrods, the luxury department store, has appointed TBWA\London as its creative agency.
Aga, the British cooker brand indelibly linked with the upper-middle classes and their country homes, has released a campaign for its city oven.
Andrew Cracknell, the former Bates UK executive creative director who began his career as a copywriter at CDP in the 1960s, was at Shoreditch House last night, regaling an audience of young creatives with tales of the advertising revolution of the 19...
Jean Claude Van Damme returns to The Rockies for Coors Light's new campaign.
Anjelica Huston and other celebrities known for having a comfortable and unique style form the backbone of Gap's autumn campaign.
Terry Badham, the former art director, has passed away aged 84.
Lake Capital, the private equity company set to buy Engine, has refused to improve its offer to ex-employee shareholders.
Axe, the Unilever body spray brand known as Lynx in the UK, has released two films encouraging men to embrace the weekdays that everyone else hates.
Vamousse, a head lice-killing product by life sciences company TyraTech, is releasing a part-animated TV and cinema ad to announce its UK launch.
As McDonald's celebrates its 40th year in the UK, we take a look back at some of the ads created by Leo Burnett, which has worked with the fast-food brand UK for 28 of those 40 years.
McCann London has poached Tom Wong, the development director at TBWA\London, for the newly-created role of managing partner in charge of developing new business.
Iceland has handed Karmarama its £16 million advertising business less than a year after the supermarket rejected the agency in a TV documentary.
Kwik Fit, the auto repair company, has confirmed it is reviewing its ad account.
Sean Thompson, the chief creative officer at Dare, is leaving the agency to pursue a career in film-making.
Adam & Eve/DDB has told Kwik Fit it will not seek to renew its contract with the car maintenance specialist when its contract ends later this year.
Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots take their adopted son back to his African roots in a campaign from the insurance comparison website.
Allianz Group, Europe's largest insurer, is set to move its global advertising account to Ogilvy Group following a pitch process.
Adam & Eve/DDB has created a tactical ad for VW following this week's news that an elephant had used a Polo model to ease its sexual frustration.
Omega Pharma, the over-the-counter healthcare company, has put its UK advertising up for pitch.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)