Gocompare.com puts £28 million ad brief up for pitch
Gocompare.com has put its £28 million advertising account, handled by Dare, up for review.
GoCompare.com: recent TV ads sidline Gio Compare's singing
The price comparison site, famous for its opera singer brand representative Gio Compario, sent RFIs out to agencies last week. The review is being handled directly.
The review comes ahead of an expected sale of the business, which is 49 per cent owned by Esure.
Dare won the account from the creative duo Chris Wilkins and Sian Vickers, who were responsible for creating the original Gio Compario figure, played by the Welsh opera singer Wynne Evans. It was frequently voted the most annoying ad in surveys.
Dare was responsible for dropping his singing act and in the first set of ads, a series of celebrities attempted to assassinate Compario, although he always survived.
More recent spots have shown the hapless Compario trying to find new ways of promoting the comparison site.
No one at Dare would comment on the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum, Newmarket
- Account Executive - boutique design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Internal Communications Manager Barclay Meade £40000 per annum + Benefits, Oxfordshire