Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
Ogilvy & Mather London has appointed André Laurentino, currently TBWA/London's global creative director for McDonald's, as its global executive creative director for Unilever, including Dove and Hellmann's.
Laurentino (left) with Tham Khai Meng
Laurentino, who is also currently the ECD of TBWA/London, will join O&M in February 2014.
The global ECD role for Unilever at Ogilvy was last held by Gerry Human, who then became ECD of O&M London in 2011 and is now chief creative officer of the London agency.
Laurentino will be based in London. He will be responsible for driving and delivering the creative vision across all of O&M’s Unilever brands globally, including Comfort, Dove and Hellmann’s.
He will report directly to Tham Khai Meng, O&M’s worldwide chief creative officer.
Khai said: "André is not only a massively talented creative and inspirer of people, but he is one of the most passionate and focused admen in this business.
"With him on board, working closely with our clients, Sophie Hoffstetter our worldwide managing director for Unilever, our teams and me, we are now fully geared up to take Unilever to the next level."
Laurentino has held the position of executive creative director at TBWA/London since May 2011, and added the role of global creative director of McDonald's to his responsibilities this year.
He moved from the network's Brazilian arm Lew’Lara\TBWA, where he worked as a copywriter.
The appointment comes after a strong year for O&M, which was named advertising network of the year at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2013 for the second year running.
Its ‘Real Beauty Sketches’ campaign for Dove picked up nine Gold Lions and a Titanium and Integrated Grand Prix.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London