Security firm ADT returns with TV campaign
ADT Fire & Security, the security services company, is releasing a new TV campaign that returns to the traumatising after-effects of being burgled, which featured in the brand's 2012 repositioning campaign.
The 30-second TV spot breaks on Monday 6 January and shows a couple returning to their home. When the pair split off, empty rooms become sinister-looking to the woman, who is clearly still traumatised from a previous break-in.
Throughout the spot, a voiceover states that "the real cost of burglary is not just what they take, it’s what they leave behind".
The Red Brick Road created the campaign, which carries a similar message to the agency’s earlier repositioning campaign for the brand, depicting ADT as an essential utility.
Marcus Smith and Tom Hopkins were the creatives behind the new ad, which Saam Farahmand directed through Rogue. JAA handled the media planning and buying.
The Red Brick Road has worked with ADT since May 2012, when it won the account after a contested pitch.
ADT previously worked with Ware Anthony Rust, which created the "what means most to you in this world" TV ads. Before that, Abbott Mead Vickers handled the brand’s advertising.
Mark Shaw, the residential director at ADT, said: "Following the success of last year’s ad, we’re excited to launch this new campaign, which continues to reaffirm our position as the authority in residential home security."
According to David Miller, The Red Brick Road’s managing director, ADT’s sales appointments increased 26 per cent after the 2012 repositioning campaign.
The spot, which showed people cowering in their houses after being burgled, provoked five complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority for being "offensive" and "distressing". The ASA declined to investigate, however.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)