Lurpak launches TV campaign for Cook's Range launch
Lurpak has once again given home cooking a cinematic feel in a TV ad promoting its Cook's Range of products.
Wieden & Kennedy London created the spot, which debuts on TV in the UK on Sunday 6 April and will then be rolled out internationally. The ads push Lurpak’s new Cook’s Range, which includes items such as oils and butters.
The ad is described as a "celebratory ode" to meal times, and shows people preparing food in their kitchens in a stylised fashion.
A gravel-voiced narrator adds to the sense of drama by talking about cooking in terms of "embracing the unknown in wide-eyed wonder", as the theme music from ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ (Richard Strauss’s ‘Also Sprach Zarathustra’) plays in the background.
The work was created by Freddie Powell and Hollie Walker, and was directed by Dougal Wilson through Blink. MPC created the VFX, while Carat handled the media planning and buying.
The TV spot is supported by a print campaign, shot by Ryan Hopkinson, as well as digital activity and an experiential execution at Waterloo station from 24 to 26 April.
Powell and Walker said: "There's that moment when you're deciding what to cook for dinner, when you think, 'shall I play it safe with my well-rehearsed spag bol, or shall I take on that unattempted mussels recipe?' We wanted to inspire those teetering on the edge of bravery to take the path less trodden."
The new spot is similar in style to a previous Lurpak ad, released in 2013 and called "weave your magic", which also showed someone preparing meals in their home kitchen using filmic techniques.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)