Big Yellow Self Storage brings back Space Invaders for interactive campaign
The Big Yellow Self Storage Company has revived the 1970s arcade game 'Space Invaders' with a twist, on an outdoor screen at the Westfield shopping centre in Shepherd's Bush.
The interactive six-sheet, created by CHI & Partners, is on the ground floor of the shopping centre and goes live today.
Passers-by can scan a QR code on the poster with their phones, turning their mobile device into a controller that allows them to play an altered version of 'Space Invaders' on the poster.
Instead of shooting aliens, players shoot household objects and furniture, clearing space as they go. The execution fits with The Big Yellow Self Storage Company's "Get some space in your life" strapline.
In addition to the game, The Big Yellow Self Storage Company is showing a 20-second video of the game, which is not interactive, on a digital 48-sheet screen at Fenchurch Street Station. At the end of the spot, the company's logo appears along with the campaign strapline.
The work was created by Ben Stump and Simon Findlater, and designed by Damian Courage. The Confessional was the digital production company that produced the game.
Kinetic and mSix handled the media side of the campaign.
CHI & Partners has worked with The Big Yellow Self Storage Company since 2007, when it won the account in a contested pitch. Doner Cardwell Hawkins (now Doner) was the incumbent.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)