Samsung launches epic TV spot for curved TV
Samsung has released a dramatic TV spot set in a Roman coliseum to promote its curved, UHD television set.
CHI & Partners created the ad, which opens on a packed coliseum in ancient Rome. As gladiators file out of the gates, a father and young son, in a dressing gown and a onesie, appear in the centre of the action.
After a "thumbs down" from the watching emperor, the gladiators charge at the pair, but before they get too close it is revealed that the man and boy are just watching the action on a new UHD television. A voiceover then kicks in, describing the product.
The 60-second spot, which was shot in New Zealand and used 350 cast and extras, was written by Micky Tudor, art directed by Monty Verdi and directed by Nathan Price through Park Pictures.
The ad breaks today and will run on TV and online. The wider campaign also comprises outdoor and press executions.
Yoonjung Lee, Samsung's vice-president of TV global marketing, said: "We wanted to create a commercial that involved and surrounded the viewer, to dramatise a TV innovation that allows an immersive viewing experience like never before."
Samsung kicked off a review of its global advertising and media agencies, as revealed by Campaign in April.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)