National Geographic launches campaign for Stephen Fry series
National Geographic channel, part owned by News Corporation, has launched a £500,000 integrated marketing campaign to promote 'Great Migrations', the new series narrated by Stephen Fry which begins on Sunday 7 November.
National Geographic: Great Migrations series
The campaign, planned and bought by Walker Media with creative produced in-house by National Geographic, starts today and will run across national press, online and on TV to raise awareness of the natural history series.
The national press activity will include ads in The Times, The Sun, News of the World and The Guardian, and the TV campaign will run across a number of Sky channels.
The outdoor element of the campaign includes large format 96-sheet and digital outdoor formats in London, Manchester and Birmingham, including Ocean’s Liverpool media wall.
The digital element of the campaign includes homepage dominations and pre-roll, with ads to run across TV listings sites, video-on-demand sites such as SeeSaw and news and entertainment websites.
The above-the-line campaign will be supported by a content-rich 'Great Migrations' microsite at natgeotv.com, consisting of series information, preview clips, 3D interaction and a migration-themed game.
Marc Ollington, marketing director for Fox International Channels UK, said: "Our visually stunning and epic campaign reflects the sheer magnitude of this series and the global undertaking by National Geographic Channel.
"This series is three years in the making, shot over seven continents, with the film makers travelling 67,000km to shoot from land and air, ice floes and underwater. Our campaign has to do this justice and to show the sheer scale of ‘Great Migrations’".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London